The hearing in two murder cases against Dera Sacha Sauda chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh has begun at the CBI Special Court in Panchkula.
- Next hearing of the murder case of Ranjit Singh will now take place on Monday 18th September afternoon
- All the seven accused in both the murder cases were present in the CBI Court.
- Nirmal Singh, Krishna Lal and Kuldeep on charges of journalist Ram Chandra Chattrapati murder were presented in court today.
- CBI Judge Jagdeep Singh reached the court around 9.45 am. Paramilitary troops and the Haryana Police have been deployed in Panchkula.
- Ram Rahim will appear before a CBI special court through video conferencing from Sunaria jail in Rohtak.
- The CBI court is hearing the cases of murder of journalist Ram Chander Chhatrapati and former Dera manager Ranjit Singh.
- Journalist Chhatrapati was shot at in October 2002 after the evening newspaper ‘Poora Sach’ published an anonymous letter narrating how women were allegedly being sexually exploited by the sect head at the Dera headquarters in Sirsa. He died later.
- The second case- the murder of former Dera manager Ranjit Singh in 2002, he was murdered for his suspected role in the circulation of the anonymous letter, which had made the sexual exploitation allegations, according to the prosecution.