With our lifestyle getting worse by every day, work pressures and personal life drilling, peace of mind and healthy life are dreams far fetched. An irregular menstrual cycle is a common problem that afflicts most women in one or the other phase of their lives, especially with the kind of lives we are leading as modern women today.
According to a research, regular menstrual cycle ranges from every 21 to 35 days. A number of factors can cause irregular and painful periods- stress, improper diet, lack or exercise or too much of it, weight loss or weight gain, smoking, alcohol, caffeine intake, medications and birth control pills.
You can regulate your menstrual cycle without taking medications, with some natural ingredients available in your kitchen. Here’s the list-
- Cumin seeds- They have a contracting effect on the uterus which helps trapped blood to flow. Take 2 teaspoon of cumin seeds and soak it in water over night. You need to drink this water every day to get your periods regularised.
- Parsley juice- It is considered as one of the most effective home remedies for treating menstrual irregularities. Drink parsley tea or juice twice a day to regulate menstrual cycles and reduces menstrual pain.
- Papaya- It is loaded with Vitamin C, folate, potassium, copper, vitamin B, magnesium and fiber. It is useful in regulating menstrual flow as it helps contract muscle fiber in the uterus
- Turmeric- Its antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties help you in relieving menstrual pain. Take one cup of warm milk and add 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric and honey to it. Take it daily for several weeks until you see the desired results.
- Ginger – It is known for pain-relieving powers and is highly recommended for regulating menstrual cycles. It also helps in dealing with delayed periods. Boil 1 tbsp of freshly ground ginger for 5 minutes in a cup of water. Add a little sugar and drink the mixture three times a day after your meals.