Three persons were reported dead and 11 injured in a suspected ammonia gas leak from a factory near Rajpura, Patiala.
The injured were admitted to Government Rajindra Hospital.
The gas leak was suspected from Himalaya Fresh Protein Factory Pvt Limited in Sandharsi village. The factory had freezing facility for peas and potatoes.
The residents from the village were evacuated to safer places.
Initial reports suggested that the gas leak took place late night and continued till the wee hours, resulting in the death of three.
The eight injured worked at the same factory unit, while the others were living in the surrounding areas. Administration has rushed the police and medical staff to the spot.