Bharat Bandh tomorrow: In a major development, the Confederation of All India Traders has called for a Bharat Bandh on Friday against the fuel price hike, Goods and Services Tax, E-Bill etc.
Meanwhile, All India Transporters Welfare Association (AITWA) has extended support to the call for Bharat Bandh tomorrow and will hold a chakka jam on February 26.
All you need to know about the Bharat Bandh tomorrow:
- All commercial markets across the country to remain closed
- Over 40,000 traders’ associations are taking part in the bandh
- Private transport likely to be hit as AITWA asked all transport companies to park their vehicles between 6 am and 8 pm as a symbolic protest
- Booking and movement of Bill-oriented goods will be affected
- Dharnas to be held nationwide at 1,500 places
- 40 lakh roads to remain off the road
- All India Motor Transport Congress (AIMTC) and Bhaichara All India Truck Operator Welfare Association (BAITOWA) will not participate in the strike
The protestors are demanding relief from fuel price hike in India, review of the Goods and Services Tax system, and simplification of the tax slabs.
The transporters are joining the strike demanding scrapping of E-way bill laws and against the hike in fuel prices.
E-way bill is a permit that transporters are mandated to carry while moving goods from one place to another.