Aadhaar authentication driver license: People would no longer need to visit RTO offices for availing some of the services related to a driving license. Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) issued a notification announcing contactless services via Aadhar authentication.
With this, the aspirants would no longer need to visit the regional transport offices (RTOs) for availing services such as renewal of driver’s license, vehicle registration, obtaining a learners’ permit, etc.
"Certain services regarding Driving License and Certificate of Registration have been made completely online. Now, these services can be availed without going to RTO. With Aadhaar authentication, on a voluntary basis, anyone can get the benefit of these contactless services," the Ministry stated.
It added that "This will reduce the compliance burden on citizens, helping them to avail these services in a hassle-free, contact-less manner. This will also reduce the footfall in the RTO office, which will further increase the efficiency of the RTO offices as well."
Here is the list of 18 driver license-related services for which a citizen is required to undergo Aadhaar authentication:
- Learner’s License
- Renewal of Driving License for which test of competence to drive is not required
- Duplicate Driving License
- Change of Address in Driving License and Certificate of Registration
- Issue of International Driving Permit
- Surrender of Class of Vehicle from License
- Application for Temporary Registration of motor vehicle
- Application for Registration of motor vehicle with a fully built body
- Application for issue of duplicate Certificate of Registration
- Application for Grant of NOC for Certificate of Registration
- Notice of Transfer of Ownership of a motor vehicle
- Application for Transfer of Ownership of a motor vehicle
- Intimation of Change of Address in Certificate of Registration
- Application for registration for driver training from Accredited Driver training centre.
- Application for registration of motor vehicle of Diplomatic Officer
- Application for assignment of Fresh Registration Mark of a motor vehicle of Diplomatic Officer
- Endorsement of hire-purchase agreement
- Termination of hire-purchase agreement.
Click here for latest updates on Twitter.