Chandigarh: Fire breaks out at PGI; leads to panic among patients

Chandigarh News , Fire at PGI , Fire at PGIMER Chandigarh

Chandigarh News: In a shocking incident, a fire on the top floor of PGIMER (Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research) in Chandigarh erupted in the wee hours of Monday. The incident has triggered panic on the floor as the patients were asked to evacuate the floor immediately.

The fire erupted at around 6 am in the kitchen next to the doctors’ canteen in the D Block of Nehru building. It is pertinent to mention that the top floor of the PGIMER has surgical wards, 20 private rooms, a pantry and an operation theatre.

According to the information, a short circuit has been ascertained as the cause of the fire. In a major relief, the fire was brought under contro immediately and no casualties were reported.

Court directs police to not take any coercive action against Bharti Singh

Meanwhile, the incident was a nightmare for all the patients and people attending to them were asked to evacuate the floor as soon as the fire erupted.

-PTC News