Chandigarh Police has issued traffic advisory and security measures in view of the Republic Day Function at Parade Ground Sector 17, Chandigarh. The following traffic restrictions/diversions shall be in place on January 26:-
- The following road stretches around Parade Ground, Sector 17 shall remain closed from 6.30 AM onwards on 26.1.2020 till the time the function at the Parade Ground gets over:-
- From roundabout of Sector 16/17/22/23 upto Gurdial Singh Petrol Pump, Sector 22-A on Udyog Path.
- From Old District Court, Sector 17 upto Shivalik Hotel on the backside of Parade Ground, Sector 17.
- From Lyon’s Restaurant Light Point near MC Office Sector 17 upto Parade Ground.
- General public is requested to approach Parade Ground, Sector 17 either from ISBT Sector 17 Chowk or from 17/18 Light Point side.
- No general parking shall be allowed in the parking area in front of shops in market of Sector 22-A from 6.30 AM onwards till the function gets over.
- Special invitees having authorized Car Parking Labels are requested to approach Parade Ground, Sector 17 from the roundabout of sector 16/17/22/23 (Cricket Stadium Chowk) on Udyog Path and park their vehicles in the parking area in front of the market of Sector 22-A.
- The general public is requested to park its vehicles in the following designated parking lots :-
- Parking area of Sector 22-B
- Parking of Football Ground
- Circus Ground Sector 17
- Parking area adjacent Neelam Cinema Sector 17
- Parking adjacent to Blood Disease Hospital sector 23-B
- All buses coming from Haryana, Punjab, HP and other places to ISBT Sector 17, Chandigarh shall be diverted towards ISBT Chowk Sector 17 from Kissan Bhawan Chowk and Piccadilly Chowk via Himalaya Marg & shall enter ISBT Sector 17 from Small Chowk (near Gurdial Singh Petrol Pump).
- Further, in order to de-congest this area at the time of dispersal, traffic shall be diverted away from ISBT Sector 17 Chowk on Udyog Path by diverting traffic coming from 17/18 Light Point, Aroma Light Point, Sector 18/19/20/21 chowk and Cricket Stadium Chowk for half an hour i.e. from 11.30 AM to 12.15 PM. Further, at the time of dispersal, only buses will be allowed to ply on this stretch.
Likewise, the road users have been advised to make use of alternative routes during the timings given above. Also, the inconvenience caused to the general public on account of these restrictions has been regretted. Meanwhile, the police has urged for the cooperation from the general public with the police.
- General public is requested to be seated latest by 9.30 AM at the Parade Ground, Sector 17, Chandigarh.
- Special invitees are requested to enter Parade Ground from Gate Nos. 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 i.e. opposite Sector 22 side, Chandigarh.
- General public is requested to enter Parade Ground from Gate Nos. 6 & 7 i.e. opposite ISBT Sector 17, Chandigarh.
- Media persons are requested to enter Parade Ground from Gate No. 3 i.e. opposite Sector 22 side, Chandigarh.
- General public is requested to carry an original photo ID card.
- Special invitees are requested to prominently display the authorized “Parking Label” on the windscreen of their vehicles and carry invitation card.
- General public is requested not to bring any objectionable articles such as bag, match box, knife, cigarette, weapon, liquor, inflammable items, electronic devices, etc.
- General public is requested to remain seated in the designated sector till the function gets over.
- General public is also requested to disperse in an orderly manner.