Cricket Australia grateful to BCCI for sending Australian players home quickly and safely

Cricket Australia grateful to BCCI for sending Australian players home quickly and safely

IPL 2021: Cricket Australia’s interim CEO Nick Hockley on Monday said that he was grateful to the BCCI for ensuring Australian players reach their homes safely from the Maldives amid the outbreak of coronavirus in India.

IPL 2021 was suspended on May 4 due in view of the rising number of Covid-19 cases and hence entire Australian contingent had travelled to the Maldives due to Australia’s travel ban from India.

Also Read | Coronavirus in India: PM Narendra Modi a ‘super-spreader’ of COVID-19, says IMA Vice President

IPL 2021: Cricket Australia's interim CEO Nick Hockley grateful to BCCI for ensuring Australian players reach their homes safely amid coronavirus outbreak.

A total of 38 members of the Australian contingent stranded in the Maldives made their way home on Monday.

CSK batting coach Michael Hussey who tested positive for Covid-19 in India is also likely to reach Australia on Monday via a separate flight.

Also Read | Amid surge in COVID-19 cases, IPL 2021 has been postponed

IPL 2021: Cricket Australia's interim CEO Nick Hockley grateful to BCCI for ensuring Australian players reach their homes safely amid coronavirus outbreak.

Sydney Morning Herald quoted Nick Hockley as saying: “We’re delighted and grateful to the BCCI for getting them home quickly and safely. I haven’t spoken to them since they’ve landed, but obviously, we’ve been in text exchange and I’m sure they’ll be very relieved and very appreciative to be home.”

IPL 2021: Cricket Australia's interim CEO Nick Hockley grateful to BCCI for ensuring Australian players reach their homes safely amid coronavirus outbreak.

In Australia, the Sandpaper Gate has once again become a hot topic after Cameron Bancroft revealed that more than three people (Bancroft, Warner and Smith) had knowledge about the same.

On being asked whether he heard what Bancroft said, Hockley said: “No.”

Earlier in 2021, Australia called off the series against South Africa due to Covid-19, and thus, Australia did not get a chance to make their points rise in the World Test Championship (WTC).

-PTC News