Days after India banned TikTok, Instagram has launched Reels, its own short video feature. It allows the users to create videos on the app and add creative filters, music, and share it. Reels are similar to TikTok that allows the users to create a 15 seconds video with songs, trends, or challenges.
Vishal Shah, VP of Product, Facebook, said that the idea of Reel came after the company realised that 45 percent of videos on Instagram is 15 seconds or less.
You can shoot video, add filters, and music from Instagram’s catalog and share it beyond the platform. Likewise, the users will be allowed to share Reels in Explore, and on Feed as well with the followers. Meanwhile, there will be no monetization for now.
India is the 4th country after Brazil, Germany, and France, where the new feature is being tested. It will start rolling out for users in India starting 7:30 PM on Wednesday.
How to create Instagram Reels
- Select Reels at the bottom of the Instagram camera.
- Click on the Audio option.
- Search for a song from the Instagram music library for your Reel.
- You can use your own original audio by simply recording a Reel with it just as TikTok.
- You can add AR Effect to make your Reel interesting.
- There’s an option to speed up or slow down part of the video or audio.