International Coffee Day is celebrated on October 1 to promote coffee as a refreshing beverage of choice. International Coffee Organization agreed to the first date and the celebrations were launched in Milan.
So why is coffee so popular around the world? Here are a few reasons:
– Two cups of coffee reduce post-muscle pain by up to 48 percent
– It reduces the risk of Type II diabetes. Coffee consumption decreases the risk of type II diabetes by 9 percent
– As per the 10-year study of 86,000 women nurses, coffee reduces suicide risk and depression
– Consuming 3 to 5 cups of coffee a day reduces signs of heart disease
– Those who consume coffee have DNA with stronger integrity while white blood cells of coffee drinkers have less instance of spontaneous DNA strand breakage
– According to researchers at USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, they found that those who consume 1-3 cups of coffee a day have a 29% reduced risk of developing liver cancer (hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)
– Black coffee help prevent cavities. Researchers from Brazil have found that strong black coffee kills bacteria on teeth which lead to tooth decay
– It also helps in reducing the risks of a heart attack.