The prices of petrol and diesel have increased for the 12th consecutive day on Thursday. Meanwhile, the petrol price has spiked by 53 paise per litre and diesel by 64 paise per litre in the national capital.
As per the data available with the Indian Oil Corporation (IOC), the petrol price has increased to Rs 77.81 per litre from Rs 77.28 in the national capital, while diesel price has hiked to Rs 76.43 per litre from Rs 75.79.
With the latest hike in fuel prices, the prices of petrol and diesel have increased by Rs 6.55 and Rs 7.04 per litre in Delhi in the past 12 days.
Here’re the latest prices of petrol and diesel in top cities:
- New Delhi: Petrol Rs 77.81; Diesel Rs 76.43
- Gurgaon: Petrol Rs 76.24; Diesel Rs 69.08
- Mumbai: Petrol Rs 84.66; Diesel Rs 74.93
- Chennai: Petrol Rs 81.32; Diesel Rs 74.23
- Hyderabad: Petrol Rs 80.77; Diesel Rs 74.70
- Bengaluru: Petrol Rs 80.33; Diesel Rs 72.68
The government had earlier increased the excise duty on fuels by Rs 3 per litre on March 14 and then again on May 5 by a record Rs 10 per litre on petrol and Rs 13 on diesel. Meanwhile, the state-owned fuel retailers IOC, BPCL and HPCL had frozen the fuel prices since March 16.