Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting, Prakash Javadekar, on Sunday announced the standard operating procedures (SOP) for the shooting of film and television programme.
While addressing the media Prakash Javadekar said “I am happy to announce that we are releasing standard operating procedures for film and TV programme shooting which was stopped due to COVID-19 pandemic for the last 6 months.”
He added that some of the states had given permissions so it had somehow started in places. “We consulted the Health and Home Ministry for the same and then the Information and Broadcasting Ministry has issued this SOP,” he added.
The Union Minister further asserted that the film and television industry is an important part of the economy, he said, adding that all the states will implement these SOPs.
As per the guidelines, everyone will have to wear masks during shoots apart from the characters in front of the camera. Social distancing will have to be followed by everyone.
Prakash Javadekar further said that he is hopeful that all the states would agree to the SOPs. The shooting for film and television programmes had been put on halt since March 2020in the wake of coronavirus pandemic that led to the nationwide lockdown.