Prostate Cancer: symptoms, risk factors and treatment
According to a survey conducted by the Punjab government, the State has become the cancer capital of the country. The survey revealed that Punjab has a higher incidence of cancer than other States. It further revealed that there are at least 90 cancer patients for every 100,000 people. According to doctors working at Capitol Hospital, Jalandhar, “Prostate cancer is one of the most common types of cancer in men.”
Prostate cancer is a cancer that usually occurs in a small walnut-shaped gland called as prostate. It is a gland that produces the seminal fluid that nourishes and transports sperm. The prostate cancer grows slowly. It is usually confined to the prostate gland in the initial stages. It usually does not cause any serious harm. However, some types of prostate cancer grow more aggressive and can spread quickly.
Doctors at the Capitol Hospital hold that the symptoms of Prostate cancer can be detected at its early stage.
Common Signs and symptoms of prostate cancer may include:
- Trouble urinating
- Decreased force in the stream of urine
- Blood in semen
- Discomfort in the pelvic area
- Bone pain
- Erectile dysfunction
- Age. Your risk of prostate cancer increases with your age.
- Family history. If men in your family had prostate cancer then there are chances that you may get prostate cancer. Also, if you have a family history of genes that increase the risk of breast cancer (BRCA1 or BRCA2) or a very strong family history of breast cancer, your risk of prostate cancer may be higher.
- Obesity. Obese men diagnosed with prostate cancer may be more likely to have advanced disease that’s more difficult to treat.
- Also Read: All you need to know about Male Breast Cancer
The early stage detection of cancer can help you with the treatment in a lot of ways. There are many hospitals like Capitol Hospital that can provide you with the best cancer treatment in Punjab and Chandigarh. This hospital has an advanced radiotherapy technology and machines like MRIs, PET, CT, etc that can help in your Cancer treatment effectively. This hospital provides the latest and best treatment procedures when it comes to dealing with prostate cancer.