Punjab Roadways contractual staff postpone protest march to CM Mann residence
Chandigarh, December 16: Contractual employees of Punjab roadways, PRCTC and PUNBUS employees on Friday postponed their protest march to Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann’s residence (Mohali) as they have been invited by the state government to hold discussions concerning their demands.
The Punjab government has invited the union members to CM office, where administration will addressing their grievance. However, according to the reports Bus stands will remain shut from 10 am to 12 pm across 18 depots of the state.
Pending demands for which the conductor union were to hold protest march are as follows:
1. Immediate cancellation of illegal recruitments through outsourcing and formation of a better recruitment policy for the department.
2. Contractual employees should be reinstated without any conditions laid.
3. 5% increment applicable from 01/10/2022 should be credited to the accounts of the temporary workers immediately.
4. Salary increase should be applied to the reinstated and newly recruited PRTC employees after 15/09/2021.
5. Pay hike should be implemented on data entry operator of Punbus and PRTC.
6. The conductor (accused of bullying) of Batala Depot should be reinstated.
7. The contractual employees of Group Punbus/PRTC should be regularized with service rules.
8. By canceling the tender of km (private) buses, the department should put its own buses.
- PTC NEWS