Banning Chinese apps is ‘digital strike’ by India, says Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad

Ravi Shankar Prasad on India Ban on 59 Chinese Apps | Digital Strike on China

Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad on Thursday said that Government’s decision to ban 59 Chinese apps was a “digital strike”. The decision came days after the violent face-off between India and China in Galwan Valley in Eastern Ladakh.

“We banned Chinese apps to protect data of countrymen; it was a digital strike,” he said. During BJP rally in Bengal, Ravi Shankar said that “India is for peace, but if somebody casts an evil eye we will give a befitting reply.” He further said that “Why is not CPI-M criticising China?”

The government of India banned 59 mobile apps including Tik Tok, UC Browser, Shareit, and other Chinese apps, earlier this week.

Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad On Congress and AAP

The order was issued by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY). It stated that 59 Chinese apps that have been banned by the Government of India “are prejudicial to sovereignty and integrity of India, defence of India, the security of the state and public order”.

Government of India bans 59 mobile Chinese apps

Meanwhile, the US welcomed the ban on Chinese apps. US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said that India’s ban on 59 Chinese apps will boost its sovereignty, integrity, and national security. “We welcome India’s ban on certain mobile apps that serve as an appendage of the CCP’s (Chinese Communist Party) surveillance State,” Pompeo told reporters.

Also Read | Gold prices fall in India; here are prices of 24 carat gold in top cities

“India’s clean app approach will boost India’s sovereignty. It will also boost India’s integrity and national security,” Pompeo was quoted by news agency PTI as saying.

-PTC News