Shah Rukh Khan, the King of romance, on Tuesday, completed 27 years in the Bollywood industry. His life story is an inspiration to a huge number of people. From an ordinary boy from Delhi to become the heartthrob of millions and the second richest actor in the world. Though Khan’s recent movies haven’t worked well at the box office, still his contribution to the Bollywood remains commendable.
Let’s quickly have a look at masterpieces that Shahrukh has given to the Bollywood film industry
• Mohabattein: “Parampara, Partishta, Anushasan”. Remember how Raj Aryan convinced Narayan Shankar (Amitabh Bachchan). The character played by Shah Rukh Khan made us fall in love with Bollywood. Mohabattein is an iconic movie and has given remarkable raise to Khan’s career.
• Devdas: “Babuji ne kaha gaon chhod do, sab ne kaha Paro ko chhod do, Paro ne kaha sharab chhod do, aaj tumne keh diya haweli chhod do, ek din aayega jab woh kahenge, duniya hi chhod do”. Yes, we are sure you uttered the whole dialogue without reading it fully, yes this is how King Khan puts life into characters.
• Dil Wale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge: “Bade bade deshon mein aaisi choti choti baatein, hoti rehti hai”. You must have used this dialogue a countless number of times, as a pick-up line. This is called the magic of Shah Rukh Khan’s movies.
• Kuch Kuch Hota Hai: “Pyar dosti hai, Agar woh meri sab se achchi dost nahin ban sakti,
To main usse kabhi pyar kar hi nahi sakta kyun ki dosti bina toh pyar hota hi nahin,
Simple, pyar dosti hai”. Without any doubt, this movie has showcased the epitome of young friendship between Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol.
• Veer Zara: “Woh kehte hai mera desh uska nahi, phir kyun mere ghar woh rehti hai,
woh kehte hai main us jaisa nahi, phir kyun mujh jaisi woh lagti hai”. The movie based on the love story across the border won many hearts in both the nations and made Shah Rukh Khan, Pakistan’s favorite star from Bollywood.
• Main Hoon Na: “Nafrat bahut soch samajhkar karni chahiye, kyun ki ek din hum bhi wahi ban jaate hai, jise hum nafrat karte hai”. The King of romance gave one of the best performances in this movie and made his name shine more bright in the film industry.
• Chakde India: “Sattar minute, sattar minute hai tumhare paas” to this day whenever you hear this dialogue, it gives you goosebumps. This is the perfect example of Shah Rukh Khan’s versatility from King of romance to a motivating mentor. And the list goes on.
Shah Rukh Khan in these 27 years has made the country proud with his achievements and let us wish him more success on his way.