Advertisment

T20 World Cup 2021 final: Aaron Finch reckons toss won't be big factor against Kiwis

author-image
Rajan Nath
New Update
T20 World Cup 2021 final: Aaron Finch reckons toss won't be big factor against Kiwis
Advertisment
T20 World Cup 2021 final, Australia vs New Zealand: Australian skipper Aaron Finch on Saturday reckoned that toss would not be a big factor in the T20 World Cup final against New Zealand. Australia and New Zealand will square off in the T20 World Cup 2021 final on Sunday at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium.
Advertisment
Also Read | It has been an honour to captain India, says Virat Kohli NZ vs AUS LIVE T20 World Cup Final Match LIVE Update New Zealand vs Australia T20 World Cup 2021 Final Live Updates | Cricket News – India TV "Absolutely it can be overcome. At some point, to win this tournament you're going to have to win batting first. I was actually hoping to lose the toss against Pakistan because I would have loved to put a score on the board in that semi-final. It was one of those ones where you're probably never going to bat first but you don't mind if you have to. It's the same going into the final," Sydney Morning Herald quoted Finch as saying. Also Read | ICC T20I Rankings: KL Rahul moves to fifth spot, Kohli drops to eighth
Advertisment
New Zealand v Australia by the numbers: Who holds the edge? "We saw it in the IPL final. Chennai was able to put a big score on the board and really squeeze there. It comes down to the day. If you can put a total on the board and make the opposition take risks early in their innings, then that's what it's all about," he added. Here's how people react on Koo:
Advertisment
Aaron Finch also said that every team throughout the world wants to chase in the shortest format, but he also talked about the importance of putting big scores on the board. T20 World Cup final: Ahead of clash with New Zealand, Australia head coach Justin Langer hails his team's quality | Cricket News | Sky Sports "I reckon around the world a lot of teams love chasing in T20 cricket. It does come with its risks, though. If an opposition puts up a big total on the board, it can be difficult to chase it down, regardless of where you're playing. It's a Catch 22, but the trend of the tournament has been chasing," said Finch. "Anytime you play New Zealand you know how much of a contest it's going to be. They're so disciplined in all three facets of the game. Their fielding is outstanding and they're a team you have to be on for all 40 overs if you're going to get over the line. They fight and scrap in every situation," he added. -PTC News-
australia t20-world-cup-final new-zealand aaron-finch australia-vs-new-zealand t20-world-cup-2021 t20-world-cup-2021-final australia-vs-new-zealand-final
Advertisment

Stay updated with the latest news headlines.

Follow us:
Advertisment