Uttar Pradesh Government has decided to impose lockdown in the State amid a spike in coronavirus cases. The lockdown will be imposed from 10 pm on Friday and remain till 5 am on Monday.
However, the state government has said that it is not a lockdown as the authorities have imposed curbs on certain activities to check the further spread of the coronavirus. All the offices, markets and commercial establishments will remain closed. However, essential services will be allowed. Likewise, the trains will continue to operate.
- Medical and health services and essential services will continue to operate.
- Petrol pumps and ‘dhabas’ would also remain open.
- No restriction on movement for essential services including corona warriors, sanitation, and the door-step delivery staff.
- The movement of railways would continue.
- Uttar Pradesh Road Transport Corporation would make arrangements to operate buses to carry passengers.
- Air services including both domestic and international would continue to operate.
- Goods carrier vehicles would not be restricted.
- No restriction on traffic on national and state highways.
- The ongoing campaign of medical screening and surveillance would continue.
- Industrial units would remain open in rural areas.
- All big construction works of expressways, bridges, roads, and private projects would continue.
- All offices and markets in urban and rural areas will remain closed.
- Bus services except for those ferrying passengers to railway stations would remain prohibited.
- Other units in the urban areas would remain closed.