Studying abroad has become an uncomplicated process than ever before. The world has become a worldwide village, with technology to speak with people from any crook of the planet and move quickly to any part of the world in a short span of time. In such a setting, Indian students who wish to study abroad have a lot of opportunities to explore.
Here are 8 approved exams which are mandatory for studying abroad:
- IELTS – International English Language Testing System
It is one among the foremost popular English Tests taken by study abroad aspirants.
It is an English assessment test majorly given by those who want to take education abroad. IELTS is personalized , developed and arranged through the partnership of British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and therefore the University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations.
- TOEFL – The Test of English as a Foreign Language It checks how well non-residence speakers of English can review and understand English at university level. A TOEFL score is required for admissions to several colleges and universities within the us , Canada, UK , Australia and lots of other countries.
- SAT – Scholastic Assessment Test SAT is globally recognized college admission test mainly which evaluates the written, verbal and mathematical mastery of person. Applicants to undergraduate courses, specifically in US and Canada, are needed to give the SAT exam. SAT scores also are accepted by quite number of universities in UK.
- ACT – American College Testing
It is a standardized test for school and university admissions for undergraduate degree within the US . ACT checks out college academic readiness of both native and international students. it’s been developed to gauge the written, mathematical, verbal and scientific skills of a person.
Based on which college you are getting to apply for admissions, you’ll either write SAT or ACT. These both test are often taken by students who wish to review abroad after 12th, especially study abroad within the US.
- PTE – Pearson Test of English There are various things that Differentiate this exam from its close competitors – IELTS and TOEFL. The primary and foremost distinguishing aspect is that the scoring pattern and therefore the results. Because the tests are totally computerized, the results are declared quickly, in 5 days. This makes it acceptable for college students who are during a little bit of a rush.
- GRE – Graduate Record Examinations It is another most famous examination among Indian students meaning to study within the USA, Canada, and thousands of graduate and business schools round the world. It checks the verbal, mathematical and general analytical skills of the candidate. Students applying to graduate schools, especially in USA, so as to pursue a Master of Science (MS) or MBA are required to take this exam.
- GMAT – Graduate Management Admission Test
This test is the number one choice for MBA students looking to take education abroad. it’s an admissions test for top B-schools and management schools across the world . It reviews the talents needed in business & management field like problem-solving, critical & logical reasoning, analytical writing etc. GMAT is compulsory for the admission process of quite 21,000 universities/colleges in 114 countries.
- MCAT – Medical College Admission Test
This test is required to be taken for taking admissions to undergraduate course in medicine in near about all medical schools in USA, Canada, and other 18 countries. Planned by the Association American Medical Colleges (AAMC), MCAT is a multiple-choice examination to evaluate problem-solving, critical thinking and writing skills. It also tests knowledge of science concepts and principles which are a requirement for the study of drugs.