Farmers protest against farm laws 2020: Delhi transport unions on Monday announced that if the central government does not listen to the farmers, transport services including bus, truck, auto, cabs, and taxis, will be suspended in the national capital.
The transport unions have supported the farmers' protest against the farm laws 2020.
Various transport unions of Delhi have extended support towards the farmers and warned that if the government does not listen to the farmers, then all the bus, auto, taxi service in Delhi will be suspended.
The unions, in a letter, stated that all the Unions and Associations of Delhi and NCR fully support the ongoing farmers' protest against the 3 bills passed by the central government.
The transport unions include:
- Delhi Goods Transport Association
- Rajdhani Tourist Driver Union
- All Delhi Auto Taxi Transport Congress Union
- All Delhi Cab Association
- Sarvodya Driver Welfare Association
- Taxi Union NCR
- Prayatnasheel Auto Riksha Driver Sewa Samiti
- Taxi Auto Taxi Driver Sangharsh Samiti
- All Delhi Auto Samaj Welfare Association
- Delhi NCR Transport Ekta Manch
Paramjeet Singh Goldy, President of Delhi Goods Transport Association, said that he is also a son of farmers and that he is in full support of them.
He warned the government that if it doesn't fulfill the farmers' demand then no transport will operate in the national capital.