PM Narendra Modi Speech Today: Amid the ongoing COVID-19 vaccination drive in India, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday announced a centralized COVID-19 vaccine drive.
While announcing the centralized COVID-19 vaccine drive, he said that all vaccines will be procured by the Government of India and given to States for free.
25 per cent of vaccination work with states will now be handled by the Centre, it will be implemented in the coming two weeks, he added.
Meanwhile, both the State and Centre will work as per new guidelines in the coming two weeks. From June 21, a free vaccine will be available for people above 18 years. Private hospitals can only charge Rs 150 as a service charge on vaccines, PM Modi said.
Even as he said that the process of procuring vaccines from abroad has been sped up to increase vaccine availability. Experts have also expressed concerns about children, he said, adding that “In this direction, the trial of two vaccines is underway. Research is being conducted for a nasal vaccine in the country.”
Furthermore, he said that the Government has decided to extend Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana till Diwali. 80 crore poor will be provided free ration, under the scheme, he said.
Major Highlights of PM Narendra Modi Speech Today:
- Centre to procure 75% output of vaccine companies
- Centre to provide vaccines to states free of cost
- Vaccine firms can sell 25% of output to private entities
- Service charges by private hospitals capped at Rs 150
- Free vaccination to 18-44 in govt facility
- Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana will now be extended till Deepawali
Click here to follow PTC News on Twitter