Last Updated: 29/10/18
G-Next Media Pvt. Ltd. (“PTC Network”) operates the website https://www.ptcnews.tv/ also to be refer as PTC News (the “Site”).
Objective and Scope
G-Next Media Pvt. Ltd values the trust placed in us by our users and therefore, we follow the highest standards of privacy guidelines to protect the information shared by you with us.
https://www.ptcnews.tv is a property of G-Next Media Pvt. Ltd, an Indian Company registered under the Companies Act, 1956 having its corporate office at Building No. 78, Okhla Phase 3, New Delhi, India -110020. With a view to offer most enriching and holistic internet experience to its users PTC News offers a vast repository of services. You may read ‘About Us’ to know more about PTC News.
- Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information (‘PI’) – means any information relating to an identified or identifiable particular, living, natural, artificial, legal person (‘data subject’ here in referred to as you/your’) who in particular is using (including but not limited to) a common identifier such as a name, an identification number, mobile number, web or email address, postal address, location data, an online identifier or one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural or particular person or any other piece of information as per applicable laws and regulations.
The Company respects the privacy of the users of the Services and is committed to reasonably protect it in all respects. The information about the user as collected by the Company is:
- Information you provide to us
In order to provide you with our services, when you use our services by visiting our website/mobile application, we may collect the following personal information:
We may hold the following personal information about you (including, but not limited to):
- Postal Address
- Profile Image
- Contact Number
- Home/current Town
Information Collected when you use our Mobile Application
When you download our mobile application we collect the below information (including but not limited to):
- Device ID
- Device Location
- Microphone access
- Contact Number
- Date of Birth
- Citizens / residents
To add certain content, like pictures, you may allow us to access your camera or photo album in order to access and use our services.
Information you provide to us Automatically and voluntarily:
We may collect additional information at other times, when you provide feedback(s), modify your content or email preferences, respond to surveys, participate in contests, or communicate with us by posting a comment on our website/ mobile application or asking us a question through contact us or e-mail or interacting with customer care and messaging platform. This information may include personal information such as, (including but not limited to), your name, e-mail id, mobile number, comment, postal address Geo-location, IP address(s) etc.
Information Automatically Collected/Tracked while Navigation
To improve the responsiveness of the “Services” for our users, we use “cookies“, ( a small text file with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier and is sent to your browser from a website and stored on your devices harddisk) that may be used, for example, to collect your information about Website/ mobile application activity) and similar tracking technologies including but not limited to beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our service. Some cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information previously indicated by a user) or similar electronic tools to collect information to assign each visitor a unique, random number as a User Identification (“User ID“) to understand the user’s individual interests using the identified computer. Our advertisers may also assign their own cookies to your browser(s) (if you click on their ads), a process that we do not control. We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us via website(s), Application(s) or Services through your computer/laptop/notebook/ mobile/tablet/pad/handheld device or any other electronic device capable of connecting to internet.
Log File Information
We automatically collect limited information about your computer’s connection to the Internet, mobile number, including, but not limited to, your IP address, browser type, version and software ,operating system types; clickstream patterns; and dates and times that our site/ application is accessed, time spent on our website/application, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data & statistices whenever you visit(s) our website(s), application or services.
We may use “clear GIFs” (Web Beacons) when you use our website to track the online usage patterns in an anonymous manner, without personally identifying the user. We may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by them. We also collect information from you passively using Google Analytics and Google search console for collecting information about your usage of our website.
- Inferred Information through usage and log data
We may collect and track certain information about you based upon your behaviour on the PTC News Services. We use this information for conducting internal research on our users’ demographics, devices, interests, and behaviour to better understand, protect and serve our users.
We may also collect your Information to track user behaviour and preferences for internal analytics and research. We may also use your information:
- To evaluate your interest for various genres of content, services, offers;
- To perform analytics and conduct customer research, to determine your interest, for identifying content that generate sales and to analyse traffic patterns.
If you choose to post messages on social media accounts, message boards, chat rooms or other message areas or leave feedback, we collect the information that you provide to us. We retain this information as necessary to resolve disputes, provide customer support and troubleshoot problems as permitted by law.
If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on the PTC News Services, we may collect and store such information.
- Information obtained from other Sources/Third party services
We may receive information about you from other online sources. We may add it to our account information system and treat it in accordance with this policy. If you provide information to the platform provider or other partner to whom we provide services, your account information including, but not limited to, your name, email ID, may be passed on to us. We may obtain updated contact information(s) from third parties in order to correct our records and fulfil the Services or to communicate with you or share the information with any third party.
If you link, or connect or login to PTC News Services with a third party service such as Google or Facebook or Twitter etc., they may send us information such as your registered e-mail id and public profile information from the service as stated above.
In case you choose to decline to submit personal information on the Application/Websites, we may not be able to provide certain services on the Application/Websites to you. We will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the same at the time of opening your account. In any case, we will not be liable and or responsible for the denial of certain services to you for lack on of your part in providing the necessary personal information.
- Processing of personal information
We will only collect and process personal data about you where we have lawful basis. Lawful basis on which we would process our personal information includes obtaining explicit consent from you for processing your personal information or processing for “legitimate interests” where processing is necessary by us to provide you with our services or customer support etc.(For e.g. processing your information by our group companies/affiliates or payment gateway service providers etc.). We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags etc.:
- to process you registration and improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. When showing you tailored ads, we will not associate an identifier from cookies or similar technologies with sensitive categories, such as those based on race, religion, sexual orientation or health.
- Send alerts and newsletter(s) to you and communicate with you. If you no longer wish to receive a specific newsletter, follow the “unsubscribe” instructions located near the bottom of each newsletter. (Provided you at earlier point of time had subscribed to the same) You may also raise a request to the PTC News team by filling the data subject form.
- Send notification(s) to you on your handheld devices (To turn off the notifications, please visit your account settings)
- Communicate with you concerning our service (for example by email, push notifications, text messaging, and online messaging channels etc.), so that we can send you news about PTC News, details about new features and content available on the PTC News Services, promotional announcements, marketing purposes and surveys, other services of PTC News affiliates and to assist you with operational requests such as password reset requests.
- Improve our website/ mobile application and its content to provide better features and services
- Conducting market research and surveys with the aim of improving our products and services
- Preventing, detecting, investigating and prosecuting crimes (including but not limited to fraud and other financial crimes) including prohibited or potentially illegal activity including fraud and enforcement of our terms (e.g. determination of free trial eligibility); in any jurisdiction, identity verification, government sanctions screening and due diligence checks
- Establishing, exercising or defending legal rights in connection with legal proceedings (including any prospective legal proceedings) and seeking professional or legal advice in relation to such legal proceedings.
- Our automated systems analyse your content to provide you customised search results, recommendations and specific promotions and offers
- To help advertisers understand our audience and confirm the value of advertising on our websites or Applications, (however it is usually in the form of aggregated statistics on traffic to various pages within our site)
- Allow you to participate in interactive features offered through our Services , including contests, news uploads and surveys
- Sharing with our customer support team to resolve your queries/concerns, problems faced by you if any, related to your rights or services provided to you.
III. Third party services
Third parties provide certain services available on Website/Mobile application of PTC News on behalf of G-NEXT MEDIA PRIVATE LIMITED. PTC News may provide information, including Personal Information that ‘PTC News collects on the Website/ mobile application, to third-party service providers to help us deliver programs, products, information, and services. Service providers are also an important means by which PTC News maintains its Website/ mobile application and mailing lists. PTC News will take reasonable steps to ensure that these third-party service providers are obligated to protect Personal Information on PTC News behalf.
PTC News does not intend to transfer Personal Information without your consent to third parties who are not bound to act on behalf of PTC News unless such transfer is required for legal purposes or for providing relevant services. Similarly, it is against policy of ‘PTC News’ to sell Personal Information collected online without consent.
When you are in a relationship with PTC News’s, your personal information may be transferred to European Economic Area (EEA) or outside EEA, for the purposes mentioned in this policy or to their local service providers for support in the pursuance of such purposes. Transfers to EEA or outside EEA are covered by standard data protection laws.
We present and provide personal information to our advertisers to help them understand our audience and confirm the value of advertising on our website/ mobile application. It is usually in the form of aggregated statistics on traffic to various pages within our website/ mobile application. When you register with PTC News, we contact you from time to time about updation of your content to provide the users/you with such features that we believe may benefit you.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website/ mobile application. These companies may use information (such as but not limited to your name, email, photos/media/files on your device, location, audio etc.) about your visits to this and other websites/ applications in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
PTC News does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted advertisement. However, by interacting with an advertisement you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad advertisement.
To use the website/ mobile application you agree that you must be of the minimum age (described in this paragraph below) or older.
The minimum age for the purposes of using the Services shall be 16 years, however if local laws require that you must be older in order for PTC News to lawfully provide the services in the website/ mobile application to you then that older age shall apply as the applicable minimum age. In all jurisdictions outside the European Union, if you are under the age of 18 or the age of majority in your jurisdiction, you must use PTC News under the supervision of your parent, legal guardian or responsible adult.
PTC News does not knowingly permit who is below minimum age to register with the services or to provide any other Personal Information. However, PTC News considers it to be the responsibility of parents to regulate and monitor use of our services by their children. PTC News neither collects or processes nor seeks or intends to seek or receive any Personal Information from children below minimum age or offer to send any promotional materials to them. In case a guardian or parent of a child below the minimum age finds or has reason to believe that such a child has provided PTC News with personal information without their prior consent, then such guardian or parent ought to immediately contact Customer support team and ensure that the personal information provided by such child is removed from PTC News.
- Information Sharing
We restrict access to your Personal Information to employees who we believe reasonably need to know that information in order to fulfil their jobs to provide, operate, develop, or improve our products or services. PTC News does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with ‘G-NEXT MEDIA PRIVATE LIMITED’ under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help PTC News communicate with you about offers from PTC News and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.;
- We to respond to order of government, authority, subpoenas, court orders, or legal process or requirement, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- PTC News works with vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business and may provide information to them in only to the extend required and covered under the present policy.
. For more information regarding providers of products or services, please refer the section “Third party services” of this policy.
- Retention of personal information
Your personal information processed by PTC News are kept in a form which permits your identification for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information are processed in line with legal, regulatory, contractual or statutory obligations as applicable.
At the expiry of such periods, your personal information will be deleted or archived to comply with legal/contractual retention obligations or in accordance with applicable statutory limitation periods.
To the extent permitted by law, PTC News may record and monitor your communications with us to ensure compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations and our internal policies. This may include the recording of telephone conversations.
VIII. Your Controls and Choices (As applicable under GDPR)
PTC News provide you with the ability to exercise controls to certain extent and make choices with regard to use and sharing of your personal information by us which in accordance with applicable law may include:
A. Accessing and Rectifying your personal information
When you use the Services on our Website/application (or any of its sub sites), we make reasonable efforts to provide you, as and when requested by you, with access to your personal information and shall further ensure that any personal information or sensitive personal data or information found to be inaccurate or deficient shall be corrected or amended as feasible. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed or corrected before processing such requests. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, requiring disproportionate technical effort, jeopardizing the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case, where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. You can make such requests by sending us an e-mail
- Right to Rectification
You have the right for updation of inaccurate or incomplete data held by us. You shall have the right to obtain from PTC News without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal information concerning you.
- Data Portability
You may also be entitled to request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit to another controller, wherever feasible.
- Data Erasure
We retain your personal information as long as necessary for us to provide services to you or you may ask us to not retain your data. If you no longer want us to use your information then you can request that we erase your personal information and close your PTC News Services account. Please note that if you request for the erasure of your personal information;
- We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety. For example, if we suspend PTC News service account for fraud or safety reasons, we may retain certain information from that account to prevent that user from opening a new account in the future.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, we may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations.
- Information you have shared with others (e.g., Reviews, forum postings) may continue to be publicly visible on the PTC News Services, even after your account is cancelled. However, attribution of such information to you will be removed. Additionally, some copies of your information (e.g., log records) may remain in our database, but are disassociated from personal identifiers.
- Because of the way we maintain certain services, after you delete your information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems.
- Withdrawing Consent and Restriction of Processing
For withdrawing your consent at any time during the tenure of your services with us, you may choose to do so by sending us an e-mail. We shall review your request and may ask you to verify your identity. Post verification we will withdraw the consent for which request was made by you and stop any further processing of your personal information
- Right to Object to the Processing
Except in very specific cases where provided by law, you have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning you.
Such right can be exercised at any time where your personal data is processed for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to object being subjected to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling
You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you, except in specific cases provided by law.
PTC News shall provide information on action taken on a request pertaining to the rights above without undue delay and in any event within one month of receipt of the request. That period may be extended by two further months where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of the requests. PTC News shall inform the user of any such extension within one month of receipt of the request, together with the reasons for delay.
If you have any complaints with regard to processing of your personal information you may contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com. You have the right to complaint about the data processing activities carried out by PTC News before the competent data protection authorities.
To invoke your data subject rights, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Security and Compliance with Laws
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data. All information gathered is securely stored within the Company controlled database. The database is stored on servers secured behind a firewall on the cloud; access to the servers is password-protected and is strictly limited. However, as effective as our security measures are, no security system is impenetrable. If you know or have reason to believe that your PTC News Services account credentials have been lost, stolen, altered, or otherwise compromised or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your account, please contact us by contacting our customer support team.
- Social media
PTC News operates channels, pages and accounts on some social media sites to inform, assist and engage with you. PTC News monitors and records comments and posts made on these channels about PTC News in order to improve its products and services.
Please note that you must not communicate the following information with PTC News through such social media sites:
- Sensitive personal data including (i) special categories of personal data meaning any information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation and (ii) other sensitive personal data such as criminal convictions and offences and national identification number ;
- Excessive, inappropriate, offensive or insulting information towards individuals.
PTC News is not responsible for any information posted on those sites other than the information posted by its employees on its behalf. PTC News is only responsible for its own use of the personal data received through such sites
- Changes in the Policy
XII. Contact Information
G Next Media Pvt. Ltd
78, Okhla Industrial Estate
Phase –III, New Delhi, India – 110 020
G-Next Media Private Limited – PTC News shall not be liable for any loss or damage sustained by reason of any disclosure (inadvertent or otherwise) of any information concerning the user’s account and / or information relating to or regarding online transactions using credit cards / debit cards and / or their verification process and particulars nor for any error, omission or inaccuracy with respect to any information so disclosed and used whether or not in pursuance of a legal process or otherwise.
Any other personal information shared by you which is not asked by PTC News during registration, either mandatorily or optionally; accounts to wilful and intentional furnishing; and PTC News will not be liable for breach of such information.