Mon, May 20, 2024
Whatsapp

Punjab: Toddler hospitalised after consuming chocolates in Patiala

This unfortunate incident comes after a similar food-related incident last month, wherein a 10-year-old girl in Patiala lost her life due to suspected food poisoning after consuming a cake on her birthday

Written by  Jasleen Kaur -- April 20th 2024 06:17 PM -- Updated: April 20th 2024 06:36 PM
Punjab: Toddler hospitalised after consuming chocolates in Patiala

Punjab: Toddler hospitalised after consuming chocolates in Patiala

PTC Web Desk: A one-and-a-half-year-old girl was taken ill allegedly after consuming expired chocolates bought from a grocery store in Patiala, Punjab. The toddler from Ludhiana had accompanied her parents to a relative's house in Patiala, where the relative, Vicky Gehlot, purchased a box of chocolates for her from a local store.

Upon consuming the chocolates at home, the girl reportedly began vomiting blood. She was taken to a hospital, where medical tests confirmed that she had ingested a poisonous substance from the expired chocolates.


Following this alarming situation, the family lodged a complaint with both the police and the state health department. Subsequently, a team of health officials, accompanied by the complainant, swiftly visited the grocery store in Patiala and gathered samples. The investigation revealed that the shop had indeed sold expired edibles, including the chocolates in question, and other outdated snacks were also seized during the inspection.

An investigation is now underway to determine the circumstances surrounding the sale of expired goods at the store.

This unfortunate incident comes after a similar food-related incident last month, wherein a 10-year-old girl in Patiala lost her life due to suspected food poisoning after consuming a cake on her birthday. The rest of her family members also fell ill, but fortunately recovered.

- PTC NEWS

Top News view more...

Latest News view more...

LIVE CHANNELS
LIVE CHANNELS