WhatsApp has introduced a new feature that will allow its users to mute chats forever. This new feature was being tested since the past few months on the iOS and Android beta app.
Prior to the latest update, you could mute an individual or a group chat for eight hours, a week, or an year. It has now replaced the ‘1-year’ option with ‘Always’.
Once you mute a chat, you will receive messages sent to the group, but your phone will not vibrate or make noise when they’re received.
How to mute WhatsApp chats?
- Open the WhatsApp chat that you wish to mute, then tap the group subject.
- You can also swipe the group to the left in the Chats tab. Then tap More > Mute.
- You will get three options – 8 Hours, 1 Week and Always.
- Select the length of time you would like to mute notifications for.
- Your WhatsApp chat will be muted.-PTC News