Iran says it shot down US drone, US military declines immediately

Iran says it shot down US drone, US military declines

Iran’s Revolutionary Guard on Thursday said it shot down a US drone amid high tensions between Tehran and Washington over collapsing nuclear deal. Responding to Iran’s statement, the US military has declined it had no aircraft in Iranian Airspace amid cross-border tensions with Tehran after the oil tanker attacks, that took place last week. Reportedly, the statement of the shootdown of the RQ-4 Global Hawk came from Iran after US military alleged Iran fired a missile at another drone last week, which responded to attack two oil tanker near the Gulf of Oman.

There is heightened tension between the US and Iran following the decision of US President Donald Trump to withdraw from Tehran’s nuclear deal with world powers, back then. Meanwhile, Donald Trump has been briefed about the details of the missile strike in Saudi Arabia which appears to come from Yemen, said White House spokesman Sarah Sanders.

Last week, the US military alleged that a missile has been fired by Iran at another drone which responded to the Oil Tanker attack near the Gulf of Oman. Also, it is pertinent to mention that Iran has increased the production of low-enriched uranium and boost its weapons-grade levels. There is speculation that this is been done to pressurize Europe for new terms to the 2015 deal.

-PTC News