Chris Gayle, one of the biggest entertainers in the world of cricket, is celebrating his 40th birthday on September 21, 2019. The Windies legend has left fans awestruck with his power-hits. For all the adulation he has earned in the world of cricket, he refrains from sticking to a particular format. His jersey number is 301, which is the number of the ODIs he has played for the Windies.
The Universe boss has many records in his kitty. His career started on September 11, 1990 and some of his biggest records are:
- Gayle is the only batsman to smash triple century in Tests, a double hundred in ODIs and a massive ton in T20s.
- The Jamaican power-hitter has a total of 2 Test triple-hundreds to his name, which is the joint-highest.
- He is the only batsman to have started his innings by hitting a six off the first ball in a Test match.
- The Windies opener holds the record of the highest score as well as the fastest hundred in T20s. He smashed 175* off 66 balls, which is why he reached his century in a record time of just 30 balls.
- He has the record of scoring maximum sixes in International cricket (534), followed by Shahid Afridi who has 476 sixes in International cricket.
- He is the highest-scoring batsman for West Indies in ODI cricket with 10,480 runs.
- He has played 103 Tests, 301 ODIs, 58 T20s and 125 IPL matches, scoring 7,215, 10,480, 1,627 and 4,484 runs respectively.