Sat, Jul 20, 2024
Whatsapp

Tech saves life: This is how Apple HomePod saves family from tragedy | WATCH VIDEO

CCTV footage captured the moment the dog, curious and pawing at the kitchen counter, accidentally turned on the stove, leading to a fire that rapidly spread through the kitchen

Reported by:  PTC News Desk  Edited by:  Shefali Kohli -- July 09th 2024 03:21 PM
Tech saves life: This is how Apple HomePod saves family from tragedy | WATCH VIDEO

Tech saves life: This is how Apple HomePod saves family from tragedy | WATCH VIDEO

Tech saves life: As we all know that Apple's smart speaker is called the HomePod is a voice-controlled speaker that integrates Siri and Apple Music, offering high-quality audio and smart home capabilities. Apart from this, it also allows users to control smart home devices, play music, set reminders, and more using voice commands, but have you ever heard of an Apple device saving the life of a family?

Yes, you read it right. Isn’t it a miracle that a device can save the life of a family? 


In a recent incident that unfolded in US's Colorado, a family narrowly avoided a disaster when their pet dog inadvertently activated the stove late at night while they were asleep. 

Fortunately, their Apple HomePad, a smart home device, alerted them to the dangerous situation by detecting high heat levels. 

The CCTV footage captured the moment the dog, curious and pawing at the kitchen counter, accidentally turned on the stove.

Shortly, items placed on the stove ignited, leading to a fire that rapidly spread through the kitchen. The blaze triggered the fire alarm, filling the kitchen with smoke and flames, as shown in the video footage.

Upon investigation, crews did not find any active fire but did find evidence of a fire. The male homeowner was able to extinguish the fire before crews got there but was later transported to a local hospital for smoke inhalation. No other injuries were reported to people or pets. 

Explaining the incident, Colorado Springs FD official public information account wrote on X handle, “After talking to the homeowners and looking through their home security footage, we determined their pup got a bit curious and accidentally switched on the oven which had some boxes on top of it.

In this instance, the homeowners say they were altered and woken up by their Apple Home Pod which sent them a "High Heat" notice. 

This is a good reminder to always have working smoke alarms inside and outside every sleeping area and on every floor of the home, ensure all combustibles are away from your stovetop/oven, and know two ways out of every room in your home in the event of a fire.” 

- With inputs from agencies

Top News view more...

Latest News view more...

PTC NETWORK