23 years lost in a moment... I brought up my son alone: Mother of Dwarka crash victim speaks out in emotional plea
23-year-old Sahil Dhaneshra died due to severe haemorrhage; there was also a blood clot under the scalp and a skull fracture on the left side of his head
PTC Web Desk: The mother of a 23-year-old man who lost his life in a road accident in Dwarka earlier this month has alleged that her son was fatally hit by an SUV being driven recklessly by a minor. The case, which has drawn public attention, remains under police investigation.
The deceased, Sahil Dhaneshra, died in a multi-vehicle collision that took place around 11:57 am on February 3 near Lal Bahadur Shastri College under the jurisdiction of Dwarka South police station. According to police, the crash involved an SUV, a parked taxi, and Sahil’s motorcycle.
In a video message shared on social media, Sahil’s mother said she had raised her son single-handedly and accused the driver of irresponsible behaviour. She claimed the SUV was being used for performing stunts for social media visibility. “I brought up my son alone for 23 years. In a moment of someone’s recklessness, I lost him,” she said, urging the public and media to support her in seeking justice.
The police have registered a case under relevant provisions of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita, including sections related to rash driving, causing death by negligence and acts endangering life. During the probe, the SUV driver was identified as a 17-year-old boy who did not possess a valid driving licence. He was apprehended and produced before the Juvenile Justice Board (JJB), which initially sent him to an observation home.
On February 10, the JJB granted the minor interim bail, citing his Class 10 board examinations as the reason for temporary relief.
Investigators said preliminary findings suggest the SUV collided with Sahil’s motorcycle coming from the opposite direction before crashing into a taxi parked along the roadside. The taxi driver, Ajit Singh, sustained injuries and was admitted to IGI Hospital. The police are awaiting the final medical opinion in his case.
I lost my son sahil Dhaneshra a 22 year old young and most talented boy whom I raised for 23 years alone as a single mom ,was killed brutally by a scorpio N bearing no.UP57BM3057 driver is an unlicense
All three vehicles have been seized and mechanically examined. CCTV footage from the surrounding area has also been collected as part of the investigation.
Meanwhile, the post-mortem report has detailed the extent of Sahil’s injuries. Doctors concluded that he died due to haemorrhagic shock resulting from severe cranio-cerebral trauma. The autopsy recorded multiple fractures in the left ribs, significant internal bleeding in the chest cavity, lung damage and extensive head injuries, including a skull fracture and a large subdural hematoma. Brain swelling and blood clots were also noted.
In interviews with media outlets, Sahil’s mother further alleged that the SUV had multiple prior traffic challans, many related to over-speeding. She described reaching the accident site to find her son critically injured on the road. “He was in a terrible condition. I felt he had been crying for help,” she said.
She added that senior police officials have assured her that the investigation will be impartial despite the accused being out on interim bail. The grieving family received the post-mortem findings after completing Sahil’s last rites.