PTC Web Desk: WhatsApp, the popular messaging app, has rolled out a new feature that enhances user control by allowing them to block contacts directly from the lock screen or chat list. This update simplifies the process of managing unwanted or spam messages, providing users with a quick and efficient way to maintain their messaging preferences.
Now, users can block contacts without the need to open individual messages. This feature is particularly useful for preventing spam or unwanted messages from bothering users, as they can take action directly from their lock screen or chat list.
Here are the steps to block a contact using this new feature:
- When you receive a message from a contact you wish to block, swipe left on the notification.
- Tap on the three dots (more options) icon that appears.
- Select the "Block" option to prevent further messages from that contact
- In your chat list, locate the chat with the contact you want to block.
- Long-press on the chat to select it.
- Tap on the three dots (menu) icon at the top of the screen.
- Choose the "Block" option to block the contact.
This new feature enhances user convenience, providing a quicker and more accessible way to manage and block unwanted messages. WhatsApp continues to introduce updates aimed at improving the overall user experience and ensuring a safe and personalised messaging environment.