After discussing the coronavirus situation in Chandigarh, the Administration on Friday announced that there will be no week-long lockdown and weekend lockdown in the city.
It was decided in a war-room meeting presided over by the Governor VP Singh Badnore over the coronavirus situation in Chandigarh.
- There will be a corona curfew on all days from 09:00 PM to 05:00 AM. No gathering or non-essential travel will be allowed in the city during this period.
- Sukhna Lake will remain closed on the weekend (Saturday & Sunday).
- Estate Office, Sub-Registrar Office and RLA Office, where several cases of corona infection have been detected will remain closed for a week (till April 30, 2021).
- Keeping in view the risk of spread of infection in hostels, all educational institutions were directed to ensure that only those students should be allowed to stay, where such need is essential and unavoidable. The Heads of Institutions must ensure that the inmates are properly tested and verified.
- The Museums, Libraries, Spa etc. will continue to remain closed, as already ordered.
- The Industries will be allowed to operate night shift provided necessary covid protocol is followed within their campus. The management will be responsible for violation of covid protocol if any.
- The police authorities were specifically directed to focus on crowded areas like markets, malls, railway stations, ISBT, etc., where covid protocol needs to be strictly followed.
Click here to follow PTC News on Twitter