Ahead of the Punjab Assembly Elections 2022, Shiromani Akali Dal President Sukhbir Singh Badal on Tuesday announced the vision of the SAD-BSP alliance for the development of Punjab for the next 5 years.
Meanwhile, Sukhbir Singh Badal slammed the Punjab government for failing to keep promises that he made during the elections.
Also Read | Tokyo Olympics 2020: PV Sindhu wins bronze, becomes first Indian woman to win two medals at Games
Here are 13 promises that Sukhbir Singh Badal made ahead of Punjab Assembly Elections 2022:
- Mata Khivi Ji Rasoi Seva Scheme: Rs 2000 every month for all women heads of blue card ration families
- Reduction of Rs 10 for every litre of diesel purchased for agricultural purpose
- Free electricity up to 400 units per month for all households. Outstanding dues of residential bills of blue card holders will be waived. All the disconnected household connections will be restored.
Also Read | Tokyo Olympics 2020: Proud of our team, says PM Modi as he watches India vs Belgium Hockey semifinal
- Health insurance of up to Rs 10 lakhs every year will be provided for all which will cover treatment, medicines, diagnostic tests, surgeries & medical equipment in all public and private hospitals
- A Student Education Card with an Interest-Free Loan up to Rs 10 lacs to be issued to the students for the purpose of College Fees, Coaching Fees like IELTS and will cover educational institutions in foreign countries also. (For SC Students this will be in addition to SC Scholarship)
- MSP will be introduced for Vegetables, Fruits, And Milk. A Legislation will be passed in the Punjab Assembly against Farm Laws so that it will not be implemented in the State
- 1 Lakh New Jobs will be created in the Government Sector alone with the creation of an overall 10 Lakh new jobs in the private sector
- Government Medical Colleges with super speciality facilities will be established in every district of Punjab. 33% Reservation in all professional colleges (including medical) for students who have completed their education from government schools
- Minimum of 50% reservation for women in all government jobs
- 75% jobs will be reserved for Punjabi Youth even in private sector and public-private partnership companies
- Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises will be provided Electricity at Rs 5 Per Unit Large Industries will be encouraged to switch to Solar Energy by waiving off transmission charges in the State
- All Contractual Employees including Safai Karamcharis will Be Regularised
- All Government Offices will be completely digitized to enable all government services to be available for citizens without having to step into any government office. The Sewa Kendras will be made functional.