Bank holidays in October 2021: As the festival season is around the corner, the banks will remain shut for a total of 14 days due to various holidays in the month of October.
As per the list of bank holidays by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), apart from the 14 days off in October, there are weekends for which banks would have to be closed.
Also Read | Punjab Cabinet Expansion: Balbir Singh Sidhu counters Cong high command, asks reason for his ouster as Cabinet minister
Adding, another seven days to the list, the bank services would be closed for 21 days in the month of October.
Also Read | Punjab Cabinet Expansion 2021: Here’s official list of Council Of Ministers; Who’s got what?
Here is the full list of bank holidays for October 2021: (Counting from October 1 onwards)
- October 1 – Half Yearly Closing of Bank Accounts (Gangtok)
- October 2 – Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti (All States)
- October 3 - Sunday
- October 6 – Mahalaya Amavasye (Agartala, Bengaluru, Kolkata)
- October 7 - Mera Chaoren Houba of Lainingthou Sanamahi (Imphal)
- October 9 – 2nd Saturday
- October 10 - Sunday
- October 12 – Durga Puja (Maha Saptami) / (Agartala, Kolkata)
- October 13 – Durga Puja (Maha Ashtami) / (Agartala, Bhubaneswar, Gangtok, Guwahati, Imphal, Kolkata, Patna, Ranchi)
- October 14 - Durga Puja/Dussehra (Maha Navami)/Ayutha Pooja (Agartala, Bengaluru, Chennai, Gangtok, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Patna, Ranchi, Shillong, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram)
- October 15 – Durga Puja/Dasara/Dusshera (Vijaya Dashmi) / (All Banks except those in Imphal and Shimla)
- October 16 – Durga Puja (Dasain) / (Gangtok)
- October 17 - Sunday
- October 18 – Kati Bihu (Guwahati)
- October 19 – Id-E-Milad/Eid-e-Miladunnabi/Milad-i-Sherif (Prophet Mohammad’s Birthday)/Baravafat / (Ahmedabad, Belapur, Bhopal, Chennai, Dehradun, Hyderabad, Imphal, Jammu, Kanpur, Kochi, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, New Delhi, Raipur, Ranchi, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram)
- October 20 – Maharishi Valmiki’s Birthday/Lakshmi Puja/Id-E-Milad (Agartala, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Kolkata, Shimla)
- October 22 – Friday following Eid-i-Milad-ul-Nabi (Jammu, Srinagar)
- October 23 – 4th Saturday
- October 24 – Sunday
- October 26 – Accession Day (Jammu, Srinagar)
- October 31 - Sunday