Nation

Covid-19: India logs 2,568 fresh cases, 97 deaths in last 24 hours

By Shgun S -- March 15, 2022 10:30 am -- Updated:March 15, 2022 10:32 am

India Covid Update: India reported 2,568 new Covid-19 cases and 97 deaths in the last 24 hours, informed the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.

According to the Ministry's update, India witnessed 4,722 Covid recoveries in the last 24 hours, taking the total tally to 4,24,46,171. Meanwhile, the recovery rate in the country stands at 98.72 percent.

India's active cases now stand at 33,917 and are 0.08 percent of the cumulative caseload, as per the latest update. The daily positivity rate is at 0.37 percent, while the weekly positivity rate stands at 0.46 percent.

In the last 24 hours, 7,01,773 samples were collected for the detection of the Covid-19 virus.

India's Covid cases remain below 3000 mark

Meanwhile, 180.40 crore vaccine doses have been administered so far.

So far, the Government of India (free of cost channel) and the direct state procurement category have provided more than 182.84 crore (1,82,84,94,230) vaccine doses to States/UTs.

Also Read | Rajnath Singh to give statement on 'accidental' firing of missile into Pak

India's Covid cases remain below 3000 mark

The States/UTs still have more than 17.30 crore (17,30,61,681) Covid vaccine doses that need to be administered.

Meanwhile, the Central Government is likely to begin Covid-19 vaccination for children in the 12-14 age group this week. It will also remove the co-morbidity clause for administering coronavirus vaccine precaution doses to senior citizens. It is learnt that Biological E’s Corbevax will be administered to the 12-14 age group.

As per sources, the National Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (NTAGI) has have given its recommendation to begin Covid-19 vaccination of children in the 12-14 age group.

India's Covid cases remain below 3000 mark

"The vaccination of children in the age group of 12-14 years is most likely to begin from Tuesday. Also, the co-morbidity clause for administering precaution doses to those aged 60 years and above will be removed," added the sources.

The countrywide vaccination drive against Covid-19 was rolled out on January 16 last year with health care workers (HCWs) getting inoculated in the first phase. The vaccination of frontline workers (FLWs) started on February 2 last year.

Also Read | Food inflation: Edible oil prices soar as Russia-Ukraine war hits sunflower oil import

-PTC News

  • Share