DC vs KXIP Highlights, IPL 2020 News: The Indian Premier League (IPL) 2020 has just started and the excitement level has gone up already. The second match of IPL 2020 — DC vs KXIP — was a roller-coaster ride as there were lots of ups and downs. Delhi Capitals defeated Kings XI Punjab in a Super over match. Yes, the second match and Super Over.
While batting Delhi Capitals scored 157/8 courtesy Marcus Stoinis who went on to score half-century as he scored 53 runs off just 21 balls including 7 boundaries and 3 sixes.
Delhi Capitals struggled a lot of the KXIP bowlers dominated Delhites in the beginning but Chris Jordan and Sheldon Cottrel were punished in the death overs by Marcus Stoinis.
Chasing 158 runs, KXIP lost its opener and skipper KL Rahul after scoring 21 runs. Karun Nair, Nicholas Pooran, and Glenn Maxwell too went back to the pavilion as soft dismissals. However, Mayank Agarwal took charge and scored 89 runs off 60 balls. Still, KXIP lost the match.
DC vs KXIP Highlights, IPL 2020: The turning point in the match:
- Mayank Agarwal survived in the 19th over when Delhi Capitals’ skipper Shreyas Iyer dropped a catch. At that time, Punjab needed 20 runs off 14 balls.
- Punjab needed 2 runs off 2 balls in the last over. Marcus Stoinis dismissed Mayank Agarwal and Chris Jordan on the fifth and sixth ball, respectively. And it was a draw, which means SUPER OVER!!!
- Delhi Capitals handed over the ball to Super Over specialist Kagiso Rabada. KL Rahul faced his first ball and scored a double. Afterward, Rabada dismissed Rahul and Nicholas Pooran on the 2nd and 3rd ball, respectively.
- 3 runs needed. Mohammad Shami had a bowl in his hand. However, Rishabh Pant scored an easy double while Shami gifted a run through a wide ball.
- Delhi Capitals has got 2 points.
In 2019, Delhi Capitals were defeated by Kings XI Punjab when both the teams had faced each other in the tournament’s opener.