Jaipur (Rajasthan) [India], June 28
: A man was beheaded by two men in Udaipur's Maldas Street area on Tuesday as he had shared a social media post in support of suspended BJP spokesperson Nupur Sharma a few days ago.
Moreover, two men also posted a video boasting about the beheading and threatened PM Modi.
Also Read |
The incident in which a youth was beheaded took place in a broad daylight after which locals protested following which shops in the area were closed. Internet services were suspended for the next 24 hours in the district as the situation turned tense.
As per the sources, the murder was followed by a post put up by the victim's eight-year-old son in support of Bharatiya Janata Party leader Nupur Sharma.
Udaipur Superintendent of Police Manoj Kumar Choudhary said few accused have been identified and a thorough probe will be conducted.
"A heinous murder has been committed and a thorough investigation will be conducted into the incident. Few accused have been identified. Police teams have been constituted to locate the accused. We will take action on the video of men claiming to have committed the act," Choudhary said.
District Collector of Udaipur Tara Chand Meena urged people to maintain peace and law and order.
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot promised the strictest action against the culprits and said the police will go to the bottom of the matter.
"I condemn the heinous murder of youth in Udaipur. Strict action will be taken against all the criminals involved in this incident and the police will go to the bottom of the crime. I appeal to all parties to maintain peace. Strictest punishment will be given to every person involved in such heinous crime," he added.
Moreover, two ADGPs from Jaipur, one more SP and 600 additional police force have also been sent to Udaipur.
Also Read |
Earlier this month Nupur Sharma has been suspended for her controversial remarks during a TV debate followed by protest in many states.