Tue, Apr 23, 2024
Whatsapp

Delhi: Sisters, trapped in bathroom, suffocate to death after fire at residential building

Written by  Shgun S -- April 02nd 2024 07:17 PM
Delhi: Sisters, trapped in bathroom, suffocate to death after fire at residential building

Delhi: Sisters, trapped in bathroom, suffocate to death after fire at residential building

PTC News Desk: A fire broke out in a residential building fire in north Delhi's Sadar Bazar area, killing a 14-year-old girl and her 12-year-old sister by suffocation.

"We received a call regarding a fire around 2.07 p.m. Five fire tenders were called into service. The fire was located in a residence. Firefighters saved a few people from there. We also notified the police," a senior Fire Department official stated.


Deputy Commissioner of Police (North) Manoj Kumar Meena stated that officials at the Sadar Bazar police station received a call about the fire and proceeded to the scene. 

A house on Chameliyan Road in Sadar Bazar has caught fire. Four fire trucks arrived and brought the blaze under control, he added.

The building filled with smoke, and rescue teams were able to enter with difficulty while wearing gas masks, he added.

Two girls, Gulashna (14) and Anaya (12) were trapped in the first-floor bathroom. They were rescued and rushed to a hospital, where doctors declared them dead, according to Manoj Meena.

Fire officials stated the two girls who were locked in the restroom were rescued by smashing the door and sent to the hospital.

The fire has been put out, and the cooling process is underway, according to officials.PTC News Desk: A fire broke out in a residential building fire in north Delhi's Sadar Bazar area, killing a 14-year-old girl and her 12-year-old sister by suffocation.

"We received a call regarding a fire around 2.07 p.m. Five fire tenders were called into service. The fire was located in a residence. Firefighters saved a few people from there. We also notified the police," a senior Fire Department official stated.

Deputy Commissioner of Police (North) Manoj Kumar Meena stated that officials at the Sadar Bazar police station received a call about the fire and proceeded to the scene. 

A house on Chameliyan Road in Sadar Bazar has caught fire. Four fire trucks arrived and brought the blaze under control, he added.

The building filled with smoke, and rescue teams were able to enter with difficulty while wearing gas masks, he added.

Two girls, Gulashna (14) and Anaya (12) were trapped in the first-floor bathroom. They were rescued and rushed to a hospital, where doctors declared them dead, according to Manoj Meena.

Fire officials stated the two girls who were locked in the restroom were rescued by smashing the door and sent to the hospital.

The fire has been put out, and the cooling process is underway, according to officials.

Also Read

Kejriwal to get home-cooked meals, bottled drinking water in Tihar

Arvind Kejriwal will be kept in Jail No. 2 at Tihar; checkout his prison routine and facilities

Which states will vote in how many phases? Find out here!

Lok Sabha Election 2024: Voting to start from April 19; results on June 4

-

Top News view more...

Latest News view more...