New GST rates from today: Customers will have to pay more on certain products and services from today as a series of decisions by the GST Council takes effect. Certain items are set to attract Goods and Services Tax (GST) while the tax outgo on certain things are set to come down as a series of decisions by the GST Council takes effect.
Things that are going to get costlier from today:
- Curd, Lassi, Buttermilk (5% GST)
- Paneer (5% GST)
- Jaggery of all types including Cane Jaggery (gur), Palmyra Jaggery (5% GST)
- Khandsari Sugar (5% GST)
- Natural Honey (5% GST)
- Puffed rice (Muri), flattened or beaten rice, (Chira), parched rice (khoi), rice coated with
sugar (Murki) (5% GST)
- Rice, Wheat, Rye, Barley, Oats (5% GST)
- Wheat & Meslin Flour (5% GST)
- Tender coconut water (12% GST)
- Rice Flour (5% GST)
Other items that will get costlier from Monday July 18
- LED lamps; ink, knives, blades, pencil sharpener, blades, spoons, forks, ladles, skimmers, skimmers, cake servers; printing, writing and drawing ink; fixture and their metal printed circuits board by 18 per cent.
- Power-driven pumps, bicycle pumps, dairy machinery by 18 per cent.
- Machines used for cleaning, sorting, grading seeds, and grain pulses; machines used in milling/cereals industry; air-based atta chakki and wet grinder by 18 per cent.
- Cheques, lose or in book form by 18%
- Solar water heater and system by 12%
- Leather (prepared, finished, chamois and composition) by 12%
- Printed maps and charts of all kinds by 12%
- 12% GST on hotel accommodation priced up to Rs 1,000 per day
- Room rent, except ICU, more than Rs 5,000 per day patient charged by a hospital taxed 5% to the extent of charge of the room without ITC
- Works contract for roads, bridges, railways, metro, effluent treatment plant, crematorium and others by 18%
- 18% GST for work contract for historical monuments, canals, dams, pipelines, plants for water supply, educational institutions, hospitals etc supplied to central,m state goverments and local authorities and sub-contractor thereof
- Works contract supplied to central and state governments, union territories & local authorities for earthwork and sub-contracts thereof 12%