Thu, Aug 20, 2026
Whatsapp

'I apologise to Indian Army': Woman tourist issues apology after viral confrontation with Army personnel in Ladakh

According to Ladakh Police, the video was recorded around Kargil Vijay Diwas on July 26, when the road was temporarily closed for security reasons.

Reported by:  PTC News Desk  Edited by:  Jasleen Kaur Gulati -- August 20th 2026 06:36 PM
'I apologise to Indian Army': Woman tourist issues apology after viral confrontation with Army personnel in Ladakh

'I apologise to Indian Army': Woman tourist issues apology after viral confrontation with Army personnel in Ladakh

PTC News Desk: A 25-year-old woman, whose heated argument with security personnel during a road closure in Ladakh went viral on social media, has apologised to the Indian Army, Jammu and Kashmir Police and Ladakh Police. She said she reacted out of frustration after waiting for several hours without being told why the road was closed.

According to Ladakh Police, the video was recorded around Kargil Vijay Diwas on July 26, when the road was temporarily closed for security reasons. The incident took place near the Minimarg check post in the Dras area, where traffic on the Minimarg-Zoji La-Sonamarg route had been stopped.

The woman said she regretted her remarks and had never intended to insult the armed forces or become popular through the incident.

"I respect the Indian army so much. I could never dream that they would feel bad because of something I said. That day, we were travelling from Ladakh to Delhi. We didn't know there was going to be a VIP movement. We waited for three to four hours in the morning, and when we asked a soldier how much longer it would be, he said another hour," the woman said. 

As the wait continued, a large number of travellers gathered at the spot and tensions increased. In the viral video, the woman can be seen questioning security personnel about why some people, including a minister, were allegedly allowed to pass while other travellers were stopped.

She is heard saying that they had been waiting for nearly five hours and questioned why they were not being allowed to continue their journey. She also criticised the authorities for not explaining the reason for the road closure or providing anyone to address the travellers’ concerns.

Several tourists at the spot were seen supporting and cheering her during the argument.

The video sparked criticism on social media, while several former Army officers defended the security personnel and expressed support for the soldiers involved.

The incident also led to a political reaction from Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, who commented on the woman repeatedly saying, “We are Gen Z.” Abdullah cautioned against using the phrase as a threat whenever someone feels offended or unhappy. He compared it with the old-style statement, “Jaante nahin ho mera baap kaun hai?”

- With inputs from agencies

Electrical Saftey authority
Chandigarh Group of Colleges

Top News view more...

Latest News view more...

PTC NETWORK
PTC NETWORK