CBSE Board Exams 2022: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has decided to rationalise the syllabus for the academic session 2021-22. As per the new CBSE rules for class 10 and 12, It has been decided to conduct two term-end exams as a part of the special assessment scheme for CBSE Class 10 and 12 board exams 2022 in view of the COVID-19 pandemic.
As per the schedule, the term one exams will be held in November-December, 2021 while the second term CBSE board exams for Class 10 and 12 students will be conducted in March-April, 2022.
The syllabus for the board examination will be rationalised, similar to that of the last academic session, and will be notified in July 2021 at CBSE official site. CBSE also announced that it will make the internal assessment and project work more "credible" and "valid".
New rules for CBSE Class 10 and 12 Board Exams 2022:
Academic session to be divided into 2 Terms with approximately 50 percent syllabus in each term
The syllabus for the Academic session 2021-22 will be divided into 2 terms by following a systematic approach by looking into the interconnectivity of concepts and topics by the Subject Experts. The Board will conduct examinations at the end of each term on the basis of the bifurcated syllabus.
The syllabus for the Board examination 2021-22 will be rationalized similar to that of the last academic session to be notified in July 2021. For academic transactions, however, schools will follow the curriculum and syllabus released by the Board vide Circular no F.1001/CBSE Academic Curriculum/2021 dated 31 March 2021 Schools will also use alternative academic calendar and inputs from the NCERT on transacting the curriculum.
Efforts will be made to make Internal Assessment Practical Project work more credible and valid as per the guidelines and Moderation Policy to be announced by the Board to ensure fair distribution of marks.
Details of Curriculum Transaction
- Schools will continue teaching in distance mode sit the authorities permit in-person mode of teaching in schools.'
- Classes IX-X: Internal Assessment (throughout the year-respective of Term I and II) would include the 3 periodic tests, student enrichment, portfolio and practical work/speaking listening activities/project.
- Classes XI-XII: Internal Assessment (throughout the year-respective of Term I and II) and would include end of topic or unit tests exploratory activities practical projects.
- Schools would create a student profile for assessment undertaken over the year and retain the evidences in digital format.
- CBSE will facilitate schools to upload marks of Internal Assessment on the CBSE IT platform.
- Guidelines for Internal Assessment for all subjects will also be released along with the rationalized term wise divided syllabus for the session 2021-22. The Board would also provide additional resources like sample assessments, question banks, teacher training etc. for more reliable and valid internal assessments.
The coronavirus pandemic even hit the education sector and hence the CBSE has brought new rules for conduct of Board Exams 2022 for Class 10 and 12 students.