Delhi transport unions call for the strike: Amid farmers protest against the Centre’s farm laws 2020, the Delhi Autorickshaw Union and Delhi Pradesh Taxi Union announced that the Delhi autorickshaws and taxis won’t go on strike.
The announcement comes a day after the Delhi transport unions announced that if the central government does not listen to the farmers, the transport services including bus, truck, auto, cabs, and taxis, will be suspended in the national capital.
Rajendar Soni, Mahamantri, Delhi Autorickshaw Union and Delhi Pradesh Taxi Union, said that “We’re with protesting farmers like the entire country. But I’d like to clarify that Delhi autorickshaws and taxis won’t go on strike.
“We’ve already been out of work for 4 months and can’t afford strikes,” Soni added.
The transport unions had, in a letter, stated that all the Unions and Associations of Delhi-NCR support the ongoing farmers’ protest against the farm laws 2020 passed by the central government.
The transport unions were:
- Delhi Goods Transport Association
- Rajdhani Tourist Driver Union
- All Delhi Auto Taxi Transport Congress Union
- All Delhi Cab Association
- Sarvodya Driver Welfare Association
- Taxi Union NCR
- Prayatnasheel Auto Riksha Driver Sewa Samiti
- Taxi Auto Taxi Driver Sangharsh Samiti
- All Delhi Auto Samaj Welfare Association
- Delhi NCR Transport Ekta Manch
Paramjeet Singh Goldy, the President of Delhi Goods Transport Association, had said that being a son of a farmer, he is in full support of agitating farmers who have been raising their voice against the Central government.