Allocate minimum of 70 percent of allocated vaccines from GoI channel for 2nd dose: Centre

By Rajan Nath - May 11, 2021 3:05 pm

Coronavirus India: The Union government on Tuesday reviewed the status of COVID-19 vaccination with Health Secretaries and NHM MDs of States and UTs, through a video conference (VC).

One of the largest such exercises globally, the countrywide COVID-19 vaccination programme was launched on January 16, 2021. It has been widely expanded to include citizens above 18 years of age from May 1, 2021, with the implementation of the Liberalised Pricing and Accelerated National COVID-19 Vaccination Strategy.

Also Read | Coronavirus in India: PM Narendra Modi a ‘super-spreader’ of COVID-19, says IMA Vice President

Coronavirus India: The government reviewed status of COVID-19 vaccination with Health Secretaries and NHM MDs of States and UTs.

After a detailed presentation highlighting various aspects of the vaccination drive with state-specific data, the Union Health Secretary highlighted several directives.

States to ensure all beneficiaries who have taken the first dose are prioritized for the second dose. The urgent need to address the large number of beneficiaries waiting for 2nd dose was stressed, it stated.

Also Read |  Coronavirus: India records more than 3.5 lakh recoveries, more than new cases

Coronavirus India: The government reviewed status of COVID-19 vaccination with Health Secretaries and NHM MDs of States and UTs.

Therefore, the States can reserve at least 70 percent of the vaccines supplied to them from the Government of India channel (free of cost) for second dose vaccination and the remaining 30 percent for the first dose.

Coronavirus India: The government reviewed status of COVID-19 vaccination with Health Secretaries and NHM MDs of States and UTs.

The States have the liberty to enhance this to as much as 100 percent. Also, the States have been asked to undertake an awareness campaigns for reinforcing the importance of complete vaccination with two doses of the vaccine.

The Cowin platform is also being modified to better reflect the changing needs of the vaccination exercise. The States can download a Second Dose Due Report to better plan the completion of vaccination of the target groups.

Click here to follow PTC News on Twitter

-PTC News

adv-img
adv-img