Union Cabinet Expansion 2021: A number of key portfolios including health, law, Information and Technology, and Railways have been allocated to new ministers and junior ministers who have been promoted in Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Council of Ministers that underwent a reshuffle on Wednesday.
Mansukh Mandaviya has been given the crucial health ministry while he would also retain the Ministry of Chemical Fertilizers. Likewise, Ashwani Vashnaw has been given Railways and IT ministry.
The crucial law ministry has been given to Kiren Rijiju while Jyotiraditya Scindia has been given charge of the Civil aviation ministry, which was once handled by his father Madhavrao Scindia.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi would also be in charge of the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Department of Atomic Energy, Department of Space, All important policy issues, and all other portfolios not allocated to any Minister.
Union Cabinet Expansion 2021: List of Cabinet Ministers
1. Rajnath Singh - Minister of Defence
2. Amit Shah - Minister of Home Affairs and Minister of Cooperation
3. Nitin Jairam Gadkari - Minister of Road Transport and Highways
4. Nirmala Sitharaman - Minister of Finance and Minister of Corporate Affairs
5. Narendra Singh Tomar - Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
6. Subrahmanyam Jaishankar - Minister of External Affairs
7. Arjun Munda - Minister of Tribal Affairs
8. Smriti Zubin Irani - Minister of Women and Child Development
9. Piyush Goyal - Minister of Commerce and Industry, Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, and Minister of Textiles
10. Dharmendra Pradhan - Minister of Education and Minister of Skill Development and
11. Pralhad Joshi - Minister of Parliamentary Affairs, Minister of Coal and Minister of Mines
12. Narayan Tatu Rane - Minister of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
13. Sarbananda Sonowal - Minister of Ports, Shipping and Waterways, and Minister of AYUSH
14. Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi - Minister of Minority Affairs
15. Virendra Kumar - Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment
16. Giriraj Singh - Minister of Rural Development and Minister of Panchayati Raj
17. Jyotiraditya M. Scindia - Minister of Civil Aviation
18. Ramchandra Prasad Singh - Minister of Steel
19. Ashwini Vaishnaw - Minister of Railways, Minister of Communications and Minister of Electronics and Information Technology
20. Pashu Pati Kumar Paras - Minister of Food Processing Industries
21. Gajendra Singh Shekhawat - Minister of Jal Shakti
22. Kiren Rijiju - Minister of Law and Justice
23. Raj Kumar Singh - Minister of Power and Minister of New and Renewable Energy
24. Hardeep Singh Puri - Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas and Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs
25. Mansukh Mandaviya - Minister of Health and Family Welfare and Minister of Chemicals and Fertilizers
26. Bhupender Yadav - Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, and Minister of Labour and Employment
27. Mahendra Nath Pandey - Minister of Heavy Industries
28. Parshottam Rupala - Minister of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying
29. G. Kishan Reddy - Minister of Culture, Minister of Tourism, and Minister of Development of North Eastern Region
30. Anurag Singh Thakur - Minister of Information and Broadcasting; and
Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports.
For more details, click here: PRESS COMM PORTFOLIO