Ahead of the proposed tractor march by farmers on Republic Day in Delhi, the farmers on Tuesday told Delhi Police that they will perform the Kisan Republic Day parade in Delhi.
On behalf of farmers, the Kisan leaders Yoginder Yadav, Balbir Singh Rajewal, Jagjeet Singh Dhaliwal, Rajinder Deep Singh Wala, and Jagmohan Singh were present during the meeting with Delhi Police regarding the proposed tractor march by farmers on Republic Day in Delhi.
Meanwhile, the farmers informed Delhi Police regarding their plan for the Kisan Republic Day parade. Meanwhile, the farmers and Delhi Police will meet again at 11:00 am on January 20.
Here are the announcements by farmers for the Republic Day parade:
- Tractor march will be performed inside Delhi
- Farmers along with Indian soldiers will celebrate Republic Day
- Tractor march will be carried on Delhi outer ring road
- Farmers will march for over 50 km
- Delhi and Haryana police should not stop farmers as it will be a peaceful march
- No disturbance to the Republic Day parade
- No attack or gherao of National monuments such as Red Fort, India Gate etc.
- Tractors will be having an Indian flag and a farmer flag only
The farmers’ have been protesting at Delhi borders against the Farmers (Empowerment and Protection) Agreement on Price Assurance and Farm Services Act, 2020, Farmers’ Produce Trade and Commerce (Promotion and Facilitation) Act, 2020, and Essential Commodities (Amendment) Act, 2020.