Apple’s new iPhones support dual-SIM. Here’s all you need to know!
For what everything wanted to change has finally changed! Dual SIM and Apple now have a relation.
Apple for the first time introduced dual-SIM functionality on its smartphones. The three new iPhones, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR, support the dual-SIM feature.
The dual-SIM on iPhones, however, doesn’t work in the traditional manner. Instead, Apple has added digital SIM, more popularly known as e-SIM. It is the secondary SIM on the iPhones is an eSIM which Apple had first introduced with the Watch Series 3 in India.
Embedded-Subscriber Identity Module popularly known as eSIM will be installed in the device beforehand. Here is all the information you need before buying the latest range of iphone –
- The e-SIM stays on the device and cannot be physically pulled out like the traditional SIM slots.
2. It’s more compact in size and can be used in variety of devices including smartphones.
3. The e-SIMs work in the same manner as the traditional SIMs.
4. e-SIMs are said to be more efficient and less prone to mechanic failures.
5. e-SIM is considered to be an important technology for next-generation communication devices like Internet of Things.
6. e-SIMs is that they can be activated remotely by the supported service provider. For instance, you want to switch from Jio to Airtel or vice versa, you don’t need to get a physical card and install inside the device.
7. In India, telecom operators Airtel and Reliance Jio offer eSIM support.