Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharama presents the first Union Budget 2019 of PM Narendra Modi government, here on Friday. This is the first time that Nirmala Sitharama being a Finance Minister will be presenting the Union Budget 2019. Also, Budget 2019 is the first Union Budget of Modi 2.0 after being re-elected and winning Lok Sabha Elections 2019 with a strong mandate. After winning, Nirmala Sitharaman was given the Ministry of Finance as Arun Jaitley stepped back due to his health conditions.
Budget 2019 Highlights:
- In a short summary, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said 30,000 Km roads will be built with Green technology. Also, 1,25,000 Km road will be upgraded. Also, the government will reduce our import bill. Now, there will be an ease of business & living which must apply to Kisan. Also, steps will be taken to double up the farmer's income.
- Global investment meet to take place in India, every year. One lakh twenty-five-kilometre road to be modified with the investment of Rs 80,250.
- Every single rural family, except for those who are unwilling to take the connection, will have electricity and clean household facilities.
- New space India limited, a new company is to be established.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said that the Foreign investments have been increased in the media and aviation sector.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman while presenting Budget 2019 in Lok Sabha said, "the rental laws will be reformed in India, and will focus on affordable housing.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman while presenting Budget 2019 in Lok Sabha said, the Indian economy will grow to become a $3 trillion economy in the current year itself. Also, she said that it is now the sixth largest in the world, five years ago it was at the 11th position.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said, "The first term of PM Narendra Modi led NDA govt stood out as a performing govt. Between 2014-2019 he provided a rejuvenated centre-state dynamics, cooperative federalism, GST council and strident commitment to fiscal disciplined."
- Parents of Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman Savitri and Narayanan Sitharaman, also attended parliament session.
- Copies of Budget 2019 were brought to the Parliament as Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman sets to present the Union Budget 2019 at 11 AM in Lok Sabha.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and MoS Anurag Thakur reached Parliament to present the Budget 2019, the first budget of PM Narendra Modi government.
- As per tradition, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman called President Ram Nath Kovind before presenting the Union Budget 2019 in Rashtrapati Bhawan.
- Budget 2019: Chief Economic Advisor Krishnamurthy Subramanian spoke up on the Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman keeping Budget documents in four-fold red cloth instead of a briefcase. He said that it is in Indian tradition. It symbolizes our departure from the slavery of Western thought. It is not a budget but a 'Bahi Khata'.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, MoS Finance Anurag Thakur, Finance Secretary SC Garg, Chief Economic Advisor Krishnamurthy Subramanian, and other officials all set with the Budget 2019 which is to be presented at 11 AM in Lok Sabha.
- Finance Minister reached the Ministry of Finance. She presented the Budget 2019 in Lok Sabha at 11 AM, here on Friday.
- Meanwhile, Minister of State for Finance Anurag Thakur offered prayers ahead of the Budget 2019. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will be presenting the Budget 2019 at 11 AM in Lok Sabha.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman to present the Budget in Lok Sabha on Friday. She will be presenting the Union Budget 2019 for the first time as a Finance Minister.