While farmers are all set to hold a tractor march in Delhi on Republic Day (January 26), the farmers' organisations on Sunday announced the strategy for Kisan Republic Day parade.
While addressing the media persons, the farmer leader Yogendra Yadav on Sunday announced the strategy for the farmers' tractor march in Delhi on Republic Day.
Meanwhile, Krantikari Kisan Union chief, Darshan Pal, announced that "NIA has started to register cases against those who are a part of the farmers' movement or those who have lent their support to it. All farmers' unions condemn this. We will fight this in every possible way."
Here are the major announcements for Kisan Republic Day parade:
- The tractor march will be performed inside Delhi
- The farmers along with Indian soldiers will celebrate Republic Day
- The farmers will carry tractor march on Delhi outer ring road, where farmers will march for over 50 km
- Delhi and Haryana police should not stop farmers as it will be a peaceful march
- No disturbance to the Republic Day parade
- No attack or gherao of National monuments such as Red Fort, India Gate etc.
- Tractors will be having an Indian flag and a farmer flag while there will be no flag of political party on it.
- Those who can't reach Delhi can participate in tractor march in their respective districts and the capital of their states.
Thus, Bhartiya Kisan Union Lokshakti has written to the Delhi Police Commissioner seeking permission to hold the farmers' agitation at Ramlila Maidan in Delhi.
The farmers’ have been protesting at Delhi borders against the Farmers (Empowerment and Protection) Agreement on Price Assurance and Farm Services Act, 2020, Farmers’ Produce Trade and Commerce (Promotion and Facilitation) Act, 2020, and Essential Commodities (Amendment) Act, 2020.