Google has removed as many as 8 malicious apps from its Play Store that were portraying themselves as cryptocurrency cloud mining applications. These include BitFunds, Bitcoin Miner, Bitcoin, Bitcoin (BTC), and more.
Cryptocurrency mining has been in the headlines and with increasing interest, there have been a lot of evil eyes that are grabbing the limelight. Thus, these hackers have been using this increasing public interest in cryptocurrencies to con innocent netizens. They have forcing people to install fake apps on their smartphones that contain dangerous malware and adware.
Meanwhile, Google has now identified these malicious apps and removed them from its Play Store.
As per the report, it was found that these malicious apps were tricking people to watch ads. People were paying for subscription services that have an average monthly fee of $15 ( Rs 1,115 approx.). They used to pay for increased mining capabilities without getting anything in return.
Here are 8 malicious apps that Google has removed from the Play Store:
- BitFunds – Crypto Cloud Mining
- Bitcoin Miner – Cloud Mining
- Bitcoin (BTC) – Pool Mining Cloud Wallet
- Crypto Holic – Bitcoin Cloud Mining
- Daily Bitcoin Rewards – Cloud Based Mining System
- Bitcoin 2021
- MineBit Pro - Crypto Cloud Mining & btc miner
- Ethereum (ETH) - Pool Mining Cloud