Indian and Chinese troops have completed the process of disengagement in the disputed region of Gogra Heights in Eastern Ladakh following the twelfth round of talks between the Corps Commanders on July 31 that were held at Chushul Moldo.
This is the third disengagement between Indian and Chinese troops at the LAC in eastern Ladakh, after Galwan, and the big one in Pangong Tso in February.
Top Army sources said that the two sides had a candid and in-depth exchange of views on the resolution of remaining areas related to disengagement along the Line of Actual Control in the Western Sector of India-China border areas. As an outcome of the meeting, both sides agreed on disengagement in the area of Gogra Heights. The troops in this area have been in a face-off situation since May last year.
As per the agreement, both sides have ceased forward deployments in this area in a phased, coordinated, and verified manner. The disengagement process was carried out over two days from August 4 to August 5. The troops of both sides are now in their respective permanent bases, they said.
All temporary structures and other allied infrastructure created in the area by both sides have been dismantled and mutually verified. The landform in the area has been restored by both sides to the pre-stand-off period, they said.
With this one more sensitive area of face-off has been resolved. Both sides have expressed commitment to take the talks forward and resolve the remaining issues along the LAC in the Western Sector.