Over 100 students fall ill allegedly after lizard found in school meal in Jharkhand
PTC News Desk: More than 100 students from a private residential school in Jharkhand's Pakur district fell sick after having dinner, officials informed on Thursday.
After eating dinner on Wednesday night, many of them complained of nausea and headaches, claiming that a lizard had been found in the food.
According to district Civil Surgeon doctor MK Tekriwal, 65 students were immediately taken to a hospital in neighbouring Rampurhat in West Bengal's Birbhum district, while 45 others were kept under surveillance at the Pakuria Community Health Centre.
According to Pakuria's Block Development Officer Manoj Kumar, three students are still being treated at the Rampurhat hospital, while the others have been discharged.
Doctor Tekriwal stated that the presence of a lizard in the food is under examination.
- With inputs from agencies