Republic Day Parade 2021: The Republic Day celebrations have always been grand with thousands of spectators. However, it will be different this year as it comes amid the Covid-19 pandemic and farmers’ protest. Also, farmers are set to create history with their own Kisan Gantantra Parade (Tractor march in Delhi).
Republic Day Parade 2021 is expected to see many changes amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- For the first time ever, people will witness Rafale fighter jets on display during the R-Day Parade.
- Likewise, there will be a participation of a woman fighter pilot. Flight lieutenant Bhawna Kanth will be a part of the Indian Air Force tableau which will show drills of the light combat aircraft (LCA), light combat helicopter (LCH), and the Sukhoi-30 fighters.
- Besides France and the UAE, Bangladesh will become the third foreign country to participate in India’s Republic Day parade.
- India will not have a chief guest this year since UK PM Boris Johnson decided to cancel his visit to India in the wake of the COVID situation in the UK. Earlier, it was in 1966 when there was no chief guest at the R-Day parade.
- Maximum of 25,000 spectators (previously allowed 1,50,000 people) allowed due to the Covid-19 pandemic in the country.
- The parade will go only till the National Stadium at the C-Hexagon of India Gate while only tableaux will go to the Red Fort.
- No veteran’s parade by ex-servicemen and women.
- No motorcycle stunts by the Indian Army and CAPF personnel.
- Children below the age of 15 will not be allowed at the India Gate lawns.
This year, India will also witness history as farmers are all set for a tractor march in Delhi on Republic Day 2021. Delhi Police has given conditional approval to the Kisan Gantantra parade.